Saturday 27 April 2013

If at first you dont succeed......

......get frustrated, sulk and temporarily give up. Yes, I'm afraid to say that was my attitude back in February when i just could not get my head round the settings on my camera & with no manual or instructions to help me on my American bought camera to say it drove me potty would be an understatement & I temporarily gave up, something unfortunately I do all too easily in my life when I don't master something straight away.

With my birthday round the corner & family members asking me how my course was going & not having a justifiable answer I asked my parents for the camera manual for my birthday & they done just that! (Thanks Mum & Dad) So with my new manual in one hand and my camera in the other i was ready to learn all there was to know about my confusing Rebel XT.

Ok so not all there was to know.......But enough to complete Unit two of the diploma course & then complete the end of unit test! YAY 2 down......Only 13 to go!!

So here is what I learnt throughout unit 2 - Understanding the technology of digital photography

Mega pixels, Light sensors, Active Pixel Sensors, PPI's, resolutions, RAW files & TIFFS

Scene modes - Self Portrait, Action Mode, Manual Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Point & Shoot, Freezing Motion, Panning Action & Action scene Mode.

I also learnt that JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group - who knew ha ha??!!

Next step
Unit two assignment....

No comments:

Post a Comment