Saturday 27 April 2013

Quiet Saturdays

Its been quite a while, possibly over 6 weeks since we last had a quiet Saturday at home, its great having such a busy social life visiting & spending time with family & friends but the only down side is that nothing else gets done......my coursework, my blog updates, my new found writing hobby, the hoovering, the dusting, world domination, the list goes on.  So it made a nice change to wake up this morning in our own home and have no plans for the daytime.

Its now nearly 2pm and to be honest most of the list above still remains undone........BUT........I did get my head down and update this blog twice this morning (Go me!) then got out my notebook, camera and pen out & got stuck in to Unit 3 of my diploma & I'm pleased to say 3 hours later, I've completed the coursework, completed the unit test and passed with 90% (You need 70% to move to next unit) and I now have my next assignment to do!

So what did I learn in Unit 3 - Controlling light with apertures

The most important thing I've learnt today is that the aperture is the size of the opening in the lens.  A smaller aperture lets in less light & a larger aperture lets in more light!  A large aperture gives you a background which is out of focus, a small aperture will create an image with everything in shot in focus.  I've also learnt that the depth of field is influenced by how far away your subject is from the camera, the aperture & the focal length.

Other subjects covered & mastered in this unit were as follows:

Aperture settings, Diaphragms, Focal lengths, Aperture priorities, Spot meters, the sunny f/16 rule, Bracketing, Exposure bracketing, Image sensors & lighting conditions.



Next step, Unit 3 assignment.......I'll be back soon with photos

No comments:

Post a Comment